Located near the Otways township of Forrest, this interesting lake was formed by a landslip in 1953 which blocked the remote narrow valley in the head waters of the Barwon River.
In 2003, Track & Trail were engaged by DEPI to complete the circuit walk around the lake by planning and constructing a new trail on the northern side of the lake. Just over one kilometre of new track was hand benched through the very steep cross slope of the valley, winding its way through a dense forest of tree ferns. Hand benching the track ensured that impact was minimised and the track was able to subtly curve through the vegetation. At the eastern end of the lake a 90 metre curving boardwalk and six metre curved foot bridge were constructed.